Saturday, April 11, 2009

Bump on a blog log

Hi there everyone,

Still suffering from Family Fun Day hangover, so I apologize for my absence. Guys, we had a great turnout!!! And what's better, we made (drumroll, please) almost $8,000!!! In four hours!!! Does that rock or what?? It seemed like everyone had a great time, too, based on the children carried out on dads' shoulders, screaming and flailing. . .

So, time for my shout-outs, in no particular order, and too bad for you, the Academy has no music to cue to cut me short. . .

First, Joe at Famous Pizza, who had to get 2 additional orders delivered to the event, which he staffed himself and added an hour to the time he was there. . .Joe you and your pizza rocks!!!

Jim at Marshfield Auto Center, who not only donated his paid advertising spot on WATD so we could plug the event, he then donated and ran the hot dog stand!! And those dogs were goood, so if he ever needs an alternate career. . .

Au Bon Pain who donated pastries and cookies and didn't blink an eye when we told him we wanted enough for 400. . .

Veronica of Veronica's Sweetcakes who donated 10 dozen cupcakes which vanished so quickly there weren't even crumbs left behind. . .

Jack Griffin, of Buythecase.net, who donated 20 cases of bottled water, answering the question of why the Selectmen named him and his wife Citizens of the Year.

Taylor Lumber who donated the craft tables. . .

Dave the Train Guy. Did you guys see his train set?? He spent the whole day, plus 2 hours of set up letting our small heathens drive the thing. I wouldn't have let mine near it with a ten foot pole, so goes to show you he's generous minded. . .

Mike the Music Man who donated his time on a Saturday. No one rocks Laurie Berkener like Mike. And I love Laurie Berkener.

Suzanne McDonough and her fabulous Irish Stepdancers. Suzanne had her first baby one month before the event, but hey, she'll lead twenty odd dancers in front of a couple hundred folks. . .it's all good. . .I'll be signing up to enroll my daughter in 2011.

Jason Zimmer, Department of Fisheries and Wildlife. I'll grant you he's my brother-in-law, but he did a great presentation on the animals and donated his Saturday to do it. Not like I threatened him or anything to get him to do it. . .

Our K-9 demonstration!!! Did you guys check that out? It was so cool. So many people raved about it on the way out! Thanks so much guys (officers) for doing it for us!

Lowe's for donating the seeds and soil for our flower pot decorating. . .

Tammy Kantarowski and her math class for designing and running the bean bag toss . . .

Dennis and the guys who cleaned the gym after we were done bombing, I mean using, it. . .there's a job I was glad to walk away from!!

To all the MKAP volunteers, Dan, Stacey, all the Sarahs, Debbie, the several Jens (four of them, I think!), the NRAS face paint artist who put us to shame, Erin, Tim, Annie, Tricia who worked cotton candy the whole day and is probably still trying to get it out of her hair, the list goes on. . .We quite literally could not have done it without you. Thank you so much for helping make that day the success it was.
I know I'm forgetting people, so I'll supplement, PROMISE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment