Friday, October 23, 2009

The Update

I know! Took me long enough!! We had a great groundbreaking. The weather held out, thank God, and the band, T-6 came through with twelve hours notice to them (no exageration). We had cake, balloons and tunes. As an added bonus, we sold FIFTY bricks that day!!! Almost doubling our previous total. Thanks to all that came out in support of the Project. It's so fun to see some action at the site.

So, thanks in particular to:
The Rock Stars that I call the Marshfield Kids at Play, Inc. board of directors.
The Playground Committee
Shaws for providing grub and beverages
Buy the case.net for providing bottled water
Family Crest Catering for donating a tent
T-6 for setting the day to music
Brait Bros for providing our fabulous hard hats and sparkling shovels
Nancy and Tricia for pitching in that day, not to mention Jamie's husband Wayne and my own husband for taking on cake cutting duties.
and to ANYONE else I may have forgotten ,thank you, and rest assured I will sit bolt upright in bed in the middle of the night one of the next few nights, cursing a blue streak because I forgot to mention you!
E

No comments:

Post a Comment